Position Title: Technical Service Lab Manager
Are you passionate about joining a team to drive business results through sustainable and innovative solutions? Are you looking for a career in a dynamic environment where you can use your creative and strategic skills to make your mark? Then you might be our new Technical Services Lab Manager.
Apollo Chemical is a global market leader in Textile and Industrial Process Chemical solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products better.
Join us as our Technical Services Lab Manager
We are looking for a self-driven and curious Technical Services Lab Manager to join us and unlock growth by helping to develop and bring to market our next generation of chemical solutions that solve problems in the Textile, Metalworking, Janitorial & Personal Care industries. You will support implementation of our innovation strategy, drive product development and market penetration of new products, together with our commercial team.
Function as a technical expert on the company’s products for the textile and other industries. Troubleshoot process or product-performance problems in customer applications, and support sales, field service and other lab staffs with technical expertise to develop opportunities for improved products. Manage the activities of the Technical Service Lab. Work across Sales and R&D teams to generate and help develop new products, while providing technical support to our existing products. Assist Sales Representatives in presentation of all products to customers and broaden the knowledge of our product to Sales Representatives and customers. Success in this new role requires strong technical drive and knowledge of textile testing methods and some basic analytical chemical testing, as well as the understanding of how our products perform.
• Document project requests via database (with assistance as needed)
• Prioritize projects with input from Product Management.
• Plan, manage and perform project tasks as necessary to meet customer deadlines, including management of maintenance of applications and lab equipment.
• Answer product and application questions from customers, sales or management.
• Initiate and conduct projects in a self-supervised environment, under the general direction of Product Management.
• Be flexible and able to change priorities as needed, to react to customer problems or changes in business priorities.
• Must be able to travel as required to support projects or troubleshooting.
• In collaboration with our commercial teams, engage with customers to understand their needs and opportunities for our chemical solutions.
You will be reporting to the Vice President & General Manager.
• Hold Chemistry, Textile or technical degree (BS/BA)
• Have minimum 5 years of textile testing experience
• Be a structured, results oriented person with tenacity to drive projects to completion
• Be passionate about translating market and consumer insights into value propositions for our solutions
• Enjoy working in cross functional teams with many contributors
• Have good communication skills and ability to develop and translate strategies into actionable plans
• Be fluent in spoken and written English. Spanish fluency is a plus.
Location: This job will be located in Burlington, NC.
If you are passionate about making a sustainable impact, and see yourself in this position, then unlock your passion and apply today!
Contact: Mike Zavaglia, Vice President & General Manager, Apollo Chemical